I always change my mind by the end of a project and this one was no different. I did a crab stitch finish around all edges except the bottom. There I went with a single crochet stitch. The velvet ribbon looks brownish in the photo, but it’s a shade of eggplant purple! Strange indeed how the camera does that. I didn’t block it really, but just sprayed a light mist of water on the front and pinned it in place. It was dry in an hour and ready to wrap! Just sew the ribbon so that the two ends meet at the front. I managed to get three wraps with 1.5m of ribbon. I should’ve gone with 2.0m!! Then I could’ve done a bow.
Hope you enjoy making it, and if you do post a photo, tag me!!